Timber Furniture Care (solid and veneer)
- Use tablecloths, table runners and coasters to help protect surfaces from scratching.
- Dust once a week using a soft cloth or similar duster.
- Only use freedom recommended care products as many supermarket polishes and waxes contain high levels of silicon and petroleum distillate which can damage the surface.
- Polish your furniture every 3 to 6 months, making sure the surface is free from dust before you start.
- Avoid placing hot or wet items directly on the surface as they can leave marks which are difficult to remove.
- Avoid direct sunlight, as this will cause colour change. If the furniture is in direct sunlight, move items like vases around to avoid spotting.
- Avoid applying too much polish as this will build up and need to be removed with a wood-cleaning product.