Fabric Upholstery Care
We know that life is full of surprises and understand that sometimes accidents happen, no matter how careful you may be. In order to keep your quality freedom upholstered product looking its best, the Acccident Protection Plan provided by Care Cover, is an essential accompaniment.
General Fabric Upholstery Care Tips
- Vacuum regularly with a soft upholstery attachment. Dirt combined with body moisture can produce a grime discolouration to the fabric. Vacuuming will also remove grit that can also wear away the fabric.
- When you can, rotate the cushions to even out the wear.
- Use arm caps to help the fabric last longer.
- Follow the upholstery care instructions label attached to the sofa.
- Use a professional dry cleaning service at least once a year to keep the fabric looking good. Leave any removable covers on during cleaning to minimise shrinking.
- Temporary pilling can happen with some fabrics. This isn’t considered a fault and can be removed using a de-pilling machine.
- Don’t place the fabric in direct sunlight or near heaters as they can fade and damage the fabric. Use curtains and blinds to protect your furniture from direct sunlight through windows.
- Don’t pull loose threads, cut them instead.