These include finishes like melamine and vinyl.
- Dust the surfaces once a week with a damp cloth.
- Remove stubborn stains using warm, soapy water and a clean cloth. Make sure the surface is completely dry afterwards.
- Remove any liquid spills quickly to avoid damaging the composite material underneath.
- Minor scratches can be repaired with touch-up pens.
- If vinyl gets cut or torn, you can smooth the surface and re-attach it with PVA glue.
- On vinyl surfaces, use coasters or heat mats underneath hot food or drink containers. Vinyl can be damaged by heat.
- Don’t use timber polishes or waxes.
- Avoid abrasive cleaners and cloths.
- Melamine can chip at the edges so don’t put it in high traffic areas where it can be knocked.