CARING FOR YOUR MATTRESS
You’ll probably use your mattress more than any other furniture piece (unless you like to fall asleep on your sofa). Some basic care and maintenance will make sure your mattress will look after you for years to come.
- Do not lift your mattress by yourself as you may cause injury.
- Always carry your mattress on its side.
- Handles (where fitted) are for positioning only, not for lifting or carrying.
- Don’t fold your mattress under any circumstances. It will damage the edge support wire. Gently flex the mattress when moving through doorways.
- Don’t remove the law tag located at the end of your mattress. This contains care and content details vital to your guarantee.
- Dispose of the plastic bag immediately. Do not let children use the bag as play things.
- It is recommended that your mattress be fitted with an absorbent mattress protector to avoid accidental spoiling. A waterproof cover could also be fitted under the mattress protector to protect the mattress from water or other fluids. PLEASE NOTE: Your 60 night guarantee is not valid unless you use a waterproof mattress protector.
A structurally sound foundation is essential to the performance of your mattress. Timber slats should be no more than 7cm apart to provide the correct support of a mattress and have a centre support rail with a centre support leg. Flexible (convex arching/posture) slats can lose their resiliency over time becoming concave and should be rotated from high load areas (centre) to low load areas (foot/head) and replaced regularly. Solid panels must have air holes to allow adequate air circulation and moisture transfer.
It can take up to 30 days for your body to adjust to the feel and support of your new mattress and base. Body impressions are on the surface of the mattress are a normal consequence of the upholstery filling settling to a final position, combined with the mattress conforming to your body’s individual contouring and weight and does not constitute a manufacturing fault. All mattresses will exhibit body signatures as the mattress upholstery conforms to your body’s individual contouring and weight. Body signatures up to 40mm on a pillow top mattress and 25mm on a non-pillow top mattress is considered normal occurrence.
Rotating your mattress from time to time will help to equalise body impressions. Turn your mattress from end to end (or up side down if it is double sided) every month for the first 6 months of use. Then turn at least once every 6 months thereafter.
60 Night Comfort Promise
We understand it can take a while to get used to your new mattress, so if within 60 nights of taking delivery of your mattress, you don’t find it totally comfortable, we’ll exchange it for a new one of equal or lesser value. To qualify you'll need to...
- Purchase a waterproof mattress protector from freedom at the same time as your mattress and use it on your mattress from the very first night.
- Sleep on your new mattress for a minimum of 40 nights to allow your body to adjust.
Freedom 60 Night Comfort Promise is available on all Whitehaven, Sealy Posturepedic and Bedgear mattresses. View the full Terms and Conditions here.
Mattress Protectors and Protection Plans
Freedom recommends using a mattress protector with your mattress for comfort and protection, and to maintain the validity of your mattress warranty. Get peace of mind by purchasing a 10 year Accident Protection Plan. In partnership with Care Cover, the Mattress Protection plan offers protection against accidental stains and damage to your mattress. The Mattress Protection Plan includes a quality Deluxe Coral Fleece mattress protector to help maintain the condition of your mattress, as well as 10 years coverage against accidental stains and damage.
The Mattress Accident Protection Plan must be purchased from freedom at the same time as your new mattress, or prior to the delivery of your new mattress. The Mattress Accident Protection Plan only applies on the condition that the new mattress is delivered in a clean and undamaged state. In the event that your furniture is damaged on delivery, please visit our help centre.
How to Register Your New Accident Care Plan
Upon purchase your Accident Protection Plan is registered in store with Care Cover. Confirmation of you product registration will be sent to you by email. You will need your original purchase docket and registration card to be kept as proof of purchase should you require to make a claim.
Please note: Claims need to be made within 5 days of an incident occurring to be valid. This allows Care Cover the best opportunity to mitigate the incident.
Who is Care Cover?
Care Cover is a subsidiary of Mobile Services International Pty Ltd, and Australian owned company that manages the national franchise brands of The Leather Doctor, The Fabric Doctor and The Timber Doctor. freedom has teamed up with Care Cover to provide you with this great value Accident Protection Plan. Care Cover is the foremost provider of furniture protection plans in Australia. For further information go to www.carecoveraustralia.com.au