Win a family holiday to Fiji Competition
The myfreedom Fiji Holiday Competition Conditions of Entry
- Information on how to enter this Promotion, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
- Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over who have a valid myfreedom membership account and a valid Velocity Frequent Flyer account that is linked to their myfreedom membership account (Entrants). The Promoter is Steinhoff Asia Pacific Limited ABN 55 051 493 764 trading as Freedom, of Level 4, 1 Epping Road, North Ryde NSW 2113 (“Promoter”).
- The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
- The Promotion commences at 00:01 am AEDT on 3 December 2019 and ends at 23:59pm AEDT on 23 December 2019 (Promotion Period).
- Entrants will be automatically entered into the Promotion when:
- (i) during the Promotion Period, they join the myfreedom program and link their Velocity Frequent Flyer membership account to their myfreedom membership account at any freedom store in Australia or online at freedom.com.au.; or
(ii) as at the commencement of the Promotion Period, they are a current member of the myfreedom program with a Velocity Frequent Flyer membership account linked to their myfreedom membership account; or
(iii) as at the commencement of the Promotion Period, they are a current member of the myfreedom program, and during the Promotion Period, link their Velocity Frequent Flyer membership account to their myfreedom membership account at any freedom store in Australia or online at www.freedom.com.au;
- they purchase a product from any freedom store or online during the Promotion Period.
For the purpose of these Conditions of Entry, an Entrant will be considered to have successfully linked their Velocity Frequent Flyer membership account to their myfreedom membership account by logging into their myfreedom membership account at www.freedom.com.au and adding their Velocity membership number into the Velocity membership number field on the ‘My Account’ page.
Once the above steps are complete an Entrant will receive one entry into the Promotion. There is a limit of one entry per person for the duration of the Promotion Period.
- Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
- If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be removed from the Promotion.
- Costs associated with entering the Promotion remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary.
- Drawing Winners
- The draw will be conducted on 2 January 2020 at 3:00pm at Level 4, 1 Epping Rd North Ryde, New South Wales 2113. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into by the Promoter. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible Entrant is drawn.
- The winner (Winner) will be announced on freedom’s website after 3:00 pm AEST on 3 January 2020. The Winner will be notified after 3:00 pm AEST on 3 January 2020 directly by telephone where further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email, and address. The Winner will also be notified in writing within 2 business days of the draw.
- If the prize is not claimed within 3 months of publication, a redraw will be conducted. If required, the redraw will be conducted 2 April 2020 at 3:00 pm at Level 4, 1 Epping Rd North Ryde, New South Wales 2113.
- A redrawn Winner will be notified by phone within 2 business days of the draw, and in writing within 2 business days of the draw. The name of the re-draw Winner will be published on Velocity’s website by 3 April 2020.
- Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
- This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the outcome.
- There is one prize to be won. The prize consists of a Virgin Australia Holidays package which includes the following:
- 4 x Return Getaway Economy Virgin Australia flights from the Winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Fiji (Nadi Airport);
- 5 nights accommodation at Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa in a 2 Bedroom Garden View room inclusive of buffet breakfast daily for 4 people;
- Return airport transfers from Nadi Airport to the accommodation; and
- Malamala Beach Club Day Pass for 4 people including return coach and vessel transfers from the hotel. Subject to availability.
- Average total prize value is valued at AUD$10,000 (including GST). The prize is not exchangeable, transferable and cannot be taken as cash. Prize value is correct as at the date of publication of this Promotion. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate date on which the prize is taken.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- The prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions. You should contact the third party for more information. Malamala Beach Club conditions of entry can be found on their website: https://malamalabeachclub.com/
- The prize will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry by the Promoter. The Promoter will provide details to the Winner on how to book the package through Virgin Australia Holidays.
- The prize must be taken before 31 December 2020 or the prize will be forfeited. Prize is subject to booking and flight availability. Reservations must be made at least 10 days prior to departure. All 4 prize flights must be redeemed at the same time with the same itinerary. Prize itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- During the entire duration of the prize, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
- Blackout periods may apply between the following dates: 01/01/2020 – 27/01/2020, 03/04/2020 – 27/04/2020, 18/06/2020 – 13/07/2020, 18/09/2020 – 5/10/2020 & 12/12/2020 – 31/12/2020.
- Flights are subject to Virgin Australia’s Conditions of Carriage which are located on the Virgin Australia website at virginaustralia.com.
- If for any reason, the Winner does not, once the flights have been booked, notify Virgin Australia at least 24 hours prior to scheduled departure that they are unable to take the booked flight at the time stipulated, their prize will be forfeited and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The prize flights will not earn Velocity Points, status credit or any other Velocity member benefits.
- Virgin Australia Holidays packages are subject to the Virgin Australia Holidays Terms and Conditions, which are located on the Virgin Australia Holidays website at https://travel.virginaustralia.com/au/holidays-terms-and-conditions.
- The Winner may be required to present their credit card at the time of accommodation check in.
- If a Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of the prize without companions, the prize will be awarded to the Winner and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption.
- It is a Winner’s responsibility to ensure that they have requisite visas, vaccinations, valid documentation (including but not limited to valid passports and visas) which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- The prize does not include any other item or expense not specifically described in these Terms and Conditions. A Winner is responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals, drinks, transfers, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes, energy surcharges, gratuities, service charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination or as part of the prize.
- The Promoter is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of a travel or accommodation component of the prize and any costs incurred by Winner or any travelling companion(s) as a result (including accommodation costs) will be the responsibility of the Winner.
- No compensation or alternative travel plans will be arranged should the Winner and/or their companion/s miss their outbound or return flights or fail to meet any check in requirements for any reason. These costs will be the responsibility and expense of the Winner and companion/s. The Promoter is not responsible for any costs associated with flights that are cancelled or delayed for any reason, including but not limited to accommodation and transfer costs. This is subject to Winner’s right under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Once booking is confirmed no changes are allowed, unless otherwise authorised by the Promoter in its absolute discretion and if permitted will incur change fees which will also include supplier charges payable by the Winner.
- The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of accepting the prize. The content of the prize (destination, class of service, effective period etc) cannot be changed. The prize flights are valid for return transportation between the origin and destination, using the most direct route. Stopovers, upgrades and flight/name changes are not permitted.
- Contacting the Entrant
- Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a Winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the Winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request that a Winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- Intellectual Property
- Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the Promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
- the Content is the original artistic and/or literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
- they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
- As a condition of entering this Promotion, Entrants hereby assign to the Promoter, all right, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights (including copyright but excluding moral rights) in any material created pursuant to the Entrant’s participation in any aspect of the Promotion (Works). Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the Entrant will not be entitled to any fee for such use. Such use may include social media channels, publications including our inflight magazine, television commercials. Entrants agree they may not be attributed as the author of the Works and that the Promoter may undertake any act or omission in relation to the Works, which may otherwise constitute an infringement of their moral rights.
- The Promoter may want a Winner to participate in promotional activity after the Promotion has ended. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to a Winner, the Winner permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a winner in regard to any connection with participating in the Promotion or the receipt or use of any prize.
- Entrants and the Winner will be required to pay any taxes and other airport related charges (including any applicable GST on those taxes and charges) which may be due on receipt or use of the prize.
- Entrants should seek independent financial advice to ensure they understand possible tax implications in relation to any tax liability and/or reportable fringe benefits before acceptance or use of a prize.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for and makes no representations about any tax liability as a result of participating in the Promotion or from receiving or using any of the prizes.
- The other party must ensure that all promotional and marketing material prepared by the other party relating to the Promotion sufficiently notifies Entrants of the above conditions.
- The Promoter, its agents and associate companies are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Conditions of Entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the Winner (and his/her companion/s) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form. In the event a Winner or Winner’s companion is under the age of 18, a nominated parent/legal guardian of such person will be required to sign the legal documentation required under this clause on their behalf.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
- If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
- Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Promotion or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; (iv) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Conditions of Entry; and (v) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
- Authorised under NSW Permit Number: LTPS/19/40144, ACT Permit Number ACT TP 19/0468 and SA Permit Number: T19/1980