myfreedom powered by Velocity - Terms & Conditions
- myfreedom is available at all freedom stores and online in Australia only.
- Membership and benefits of myfreedom are for the individual Member aged 18 years or older with a unique email address only. Corporations, partnerships, trusts and other entities are not eligible to participate in myfreedom. Trade Customers cannot be a Member of myfreedom.
- Employees of freedom, it’s related bodies corporates or associated entities cannot be a Member of myfreedom.
- An individual is deemed to be a Member when they sign up in store or online and/or identify themselves as a Member during a transaction or join myfreedom prior to delivery of all items in a transaction.
- When joining in store, a sales consultant will record the individual’s full name and email address as a minimum at the point of sale. Other details may be optionally recorded. An individual may update their Member Profile at any time by visiting the Website. It is the Member’s responsibility to update their Member Profile including their email, surname, birthday, phone and postal address. If a Member has not provided or updated freedom with correct details, freedom may not be able to contact the Member about their membership, Rewards, special offers or entry to competitions.
- Members may only have one myfreedom membership at any time.
- Members may not transfer their myfreedom membership or Rewards to another person.
- A Member may end their membership at any time by contacting freedom’s Customer Service team at freedom.com.au/contactmyfreedom
- If a membership is cancelled, all myfreedom Credits will be forfeited, and all outstanding and future Rewards will no longer be valid. However, any Velocity Points allocated to a member’s Velocity account will be retained.
Earning myfreedom rewards
- To be eligible for myfreedom Member Rewards you must identify yourself as a myfreedom Member before purchase, by quoting your mobile phone number, email or myfreedom Member number and/or name in store with identification.
- myfreedom Members are entitled to the everyday Reward of a $100 myfreedom Credit for every $2,000 spent at freedom on Valid Purchases.
- freedom may also provide other Rewards to Members, which may differ from Member to Member, in its sole discretion. For example, freedom may update a Member account with a Reward as a result of a purchasing behaviour, incentive and/or promotional activities.
- myfreedom Credit shall be loaded onto your myfreedom account and can be redeemed in store or online.
- myfreedom Credit can be used in whole or part against future purchases at freedom, in store or online, but no change can be given.
- myfreedom Credit is only valid for a period of three (3) months from the date of issue and no unused balance will be refunded or credited after expiry.
- Where a Valid Purchase is made in store or online myfreedom Spend will be calculated 14 days after the date of the Completed Transaction. Any applicable myfreedom Credit will be loaded onto the myfreedom account within 21 days after the date of the Completed Transaction. For example, if a Member buys cushions and takes them home on the day of purchase and orders a sofa in the same transaction the Member will receive the Reward 21 days after the final item on the transaction has been delivered and the transaction is finalised in freedom’s system.
- freedom reserves the right to introduce a new Reward, or to withdraw, cancel or vary a Reward without notice and at any time for any reason whatsoever in its absolute discretion including without limitation a Reward awarded in error or a Reward earned fraudulently.
- Rewards (excluding Velocity Points) cannot be sold, transferred or assigned and are not redeemable for cash or gift cards.
- If an order is cancelled, freedom may adjust or reverse Rewards that were previously awarded to a Member in that transaction.
- Members can view their available myfreedom Credit at any time by logging into their account online on the Website.
Earning Velocity Frequent Flyer Points
- In addition to the Rewards outlined in the myfreedom Rewards section above, a myfreedom Member who links their myfreedom account to their Velocity Frequent Flyer account prior to the occurrence of a Completed Transaction is entitled to the following Reward: 1 Velocity Point for every $1 spent at freedom on Valid Purchases.
- Also, a Velocity member who becomes a myfreedom Member and links their myfreedom account to their Velocity Frequent Flyer account prior to the occurrence of a Completed Transaction is entitled to the following Reward: 1 Velocity Point for every $1 spent at freedom on Valid Purchases.
- Freedom reserves the right to vary the number of Velocity Points that may be earned in connection with myfreedom at any time and may offer certain customer groups (e.g. Platinum Velocity members) a higher Velocity Points earn amount. In addition, freedom reserves the right to vary the earn amount for a specified time period, or location (e.g. 2 Velocity Points per $1 spent for one week, in a particular store).
- To be eligible to earn Velocity Points, a person must hold current Velocity membership and be, or become, a myfreedom Member on or before the date of a Completed Transaction.
- Velocity Points are not awarded (and an award may be reversed) in respect of any transaction which is the subject of a cancellation, refund, or which has been awarded in error. Velocity Points shall be awarded in respect of any original transaction which is the subject of an exchange.
- Velocity membership and Velocity Points earn and redemption are subject to the Velocity membership Terms and Conditions, available at velocityfrequentflyer.com, as amended from time to time.
- Where a Valid Purchase is made in store or online, Velocity Points will be issued to a Member’s Velocity Frequent Flyer account within 14 days after the date of the Completed Transaction. For example, if a Member buys cushions and takes them home on the day of purchase and orders a sofa in the same transaction the Member will receive the Velocity Points within 14 days after the final item on the transaction has been delivered and finalised in freedom’s system.
- Velocity Points will not be issued retrospectively, and it is a Member’s responsibility to notify freedom of their myfreedom Member details prior to completing a transaction, in accordance with the Member Terms and Conditions.
Redemption of Rewards (EXCLUDING VELOCITIY POINTS)
- In sections 29 to 40 of the Member Terms and Conditions, references to “Reward” or “Rewards” excludes Velocity Points. Velocity Points earn and redemption are subject to the Velocity membership Terms and Conditions, available at velocityfrequentflyer.com, as amended from time to time.
- myfreedom Credit cannot be redeemed at freedom kitchens or added to freedom gift fund or used to purchase freedom gift cards.
- Rewards can only be redeemed in freedom stores in Australia or online at freedom.com.au.
- To redeem a Reward when transacting online on the Website, a Member must ensure they are logged into a valid myfreedom account.
- When redeeming a Reward, the Reward will be applied as a tender on the order, reducing the balance payable.
- Rewards can be redeemed in conjunction with interest free offers.
- All Rewards have an expiry date which shall be set out when a Reward is issued, at which point the Reward will no longer be available for redemption. freedom reserves the right to change the expiry date of any Reward at any time without notice.
- Only Rewards from one myfreedom membership can be redeemed per transaction.
- freedom will not be held responsible or liable if Rewards are not able to be redeemed for whatever reason but specifically, in the case of a Technical Issue including without limitation the failure of software or hardware or an EFTPOS malfunction.
- A Reward can only be redeemed once.
- freedom reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude certain items and promotions from being redeemed by using Rewards.
- Returns: If a customer wishes to return a purchase for reasons other than that the goods are faulty or misdescribed:
- any Reward redeemed or utilised during the original purchase that is being refunded will be forfeited;
- any Reward redeemed or utilised during the original purchase can be honoured for an exchange if the exchange takes place on the same day as the return, otherwise it will be forfeited;
- any Reward that may otherwise have been obtained will be kept but the Member will have the value of the return transaction deducted from their myfreedom Spend. This may result in the Member having a negative myfreedom Spend.
- freedom may collect personal information from Members for the purpose of facilitating myfreedom, which may include the sharing of a Member’s personal information with the partners associated with myfreedom.
- As a myfreedom member you consent to freedom and its partners associated with myfreedom contacting you to provide marketing material concerning Rewards, special offers, product information and other information relating to freedom and the partners. You can opt out of receiving marketing material at any time.
- freedom will communicate to all Members (including those opted out from marketing materials) by email to send you reminders concerning your myfreedom membership, for example: credit issuance and credit expiry reminder notifications.
- The Member Terms and Conditions detail the operation of myfreedom, and any promotional activity and Member transactions that arise as a result of myfreedom.
- myfreedom is available at all freedom stores and online in Australia only.
- Individuals who join myfreedom agree to be bound by these Member Terms and Conditions.
- The Member Terms and Conditions may be modified at any time without prior notification by freedom in its absolute discretion. Any modification to the Member Terms and Conditions may be applied to a Member retrospectively.
- freedom will not accept any liability for any Member Email or Member SMS that is misdirected, lost or not received.
- freedom may, at any time and in its absolute discretion, require a Member to provide to freedom proof of identification (in a form requested by freedom) for freedom to verify the authenticity of a Member’s membership and compliance with the Member Terms and Conditions. Failure to provide proof of identification may result in termination of a Member’s involvement in myfreedom.
- These Member Terms and Conditions are to be read in conjunction with any additional conditions associated with Rewards, the Website terms and conditions and other relevant freedom policies and or terms and conditions.
- Any failure or delay by freedom in exercising its rights under these terms does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Any waiver by freedom must be in writing and signed by an authorised officer of freedom.
- Nothing in these Member Terms and Conditions is intended to contravene any applicable law. To the extent that any provisions in these Member Terms and Conditions is invalid or unenforceable, it is to be read down so as to be valid and enforceable, and otherwise must be severed to the extent of any invalidity or unenforceability, without affecting the remaining provisions of these Member Terms and Conditions.
- freedom shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by Members resulting from any termination of or changes to the myfreedom program, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- freedom may amend the myfreedom Rewards available or these Member Terms and Conditions from time to time. freedom shall use all reasonable efforts to communicate any changes on the freedom website.
- By joining myfreedom you agree to these Member Terms and Conditions and any variation. You also agree to provide freedom with any changes to your contact details.
- freedom reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend myfreedom or any aspect of it at its election, at any time and without notice.
- Notwithstanding any other provision, myfreedom membership is at freedom’s absolute discretion and we reserve the right to cancel a myfreedom membership at any time and cease communications without notice. For example, where a Member has been engaged in fraudulent or malicious behaviour.
- freedom’s decision in relation to all matters arising in relation to myfreedom is final and binding.
“Completed Transaction” means all products and services on a transaction have been delivered to the member, or taken from store by the member, and the transaction is finalised in freedom’s system.
"freedom" means Steinhoff Asia Pacific Pty Limited ABN 55 051 493 764 trading as freedom its related entities and its authorised representatives.
"Member" means an individual(s) who signs up to the myfreedom powered by Velocity loyalty program.
"Member Emails" means emails that are sent from freedom to a Member including emails about their myfreedom membership, special offers, discounts, competitions and events.
"Member Profile" means the personal details of the Member.
"Member SMS" means SMS that are sent from freedom to a Member including SMS about their myfreedom membership, special offers, discounts, competitions and events.
"Member Terms and Conditions" means these terms and conditions as amended from time to time.
"myfreedom" means the rewards program operated by freedom providing Members with access to Rewards in accordance with these Member Terms and Conditions.
“myfreedom Credit” refers to credit issued to the myfreedom Member account which can be redeemed at freedom stores or online in Australia only.
"myfreedom Spend" means a Member’s net cumulative spend (ie after all discounts, returns etc. have been applied) on Valid Purchases that are Completed Transactions whilst they are a myfreedom Member.
"Rewards" means rewards, myfreedom credits, or other benefits given to Members as a result of purchasing behaviours, incentives and/or promotions.
“Technical Issues” means the technical malfunction of any telephone network, connection or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or on any website or intranet site.
“Trade Customer” means a customer who receives a discount based on the volume they purchase.
"Valid Purchases" means all purchases except gift cards and purchases at freedom kitchens. . Third party services are excluded, for example installation services and delivery services arranged by the Member directly.. Any purchases that are returned for a refund will not constitute Valid Purchases, nor will the replacement transaction when there is an exchange.
“Velocity Frequent Flyer Points” or “Velocity Points” means the points of the Velocity Frequent Flyer program that can be earned and redeemed by a Member in accordance with the Member Terms and Conditions and the Terms and Conditions of Velocity Frequent Flyer.
“Velocity Frequent Flyer” or “Velocity” means the loyalty program of Virgin Australia (as amended from time to time) which is owned and operated by Velocity Rewards Pty Ltd ACN 116 089 448 as trustee for the Loyalty Trust.
"Website" refers to the freedom website www.freedom.com.au where details of myfreedom (including the most up to date Terms and Conditions) can be found and where Members can monitor their Membership and Member Profile.