Leather upholstery care
Just a quick note about leather: it’s a natural product and variations in colour and texture are recognised as a feature. In other words, they’re a good thing. To work out which leather best suits your lifestyle and home, please speak to someone in store.
- Regularly clean and moisturise leather upholstery to maintain its appearance. In extreme climates you’ll need to moisturise the leather more often. Check the care label on your furniture for more information.
- Wipe up water spills straight away, don’t let it soak in. Water based stains will leave a mark.
- Clean up food spills straight away. Food oils can permanently bond with the leather.
- Vacuum regularly with a soft upholstery attachment. Wipe over the leather with a damp, soft, clean cloth weekly. Dirt and grime can act as abrasives on leather.
- If you can, rotate the cushions to even out the wear.
- To keep the warranty valid, use only Freedom recommended leather care and cleaning products every 8 to 12 weeks.
- Don’t place leather furniture near direct light or heaters as they can fade and damage the leather.
- Try not to get body oils on the leather, as they can oxidise and change the colour of the leather. Special care is also required if anyone sitting on the furniture is taking medication.